Use: SUB-HORIZONTAL DRAINAGE.
In all situations in which water in the ground is or could be the primary cause of damage or destruction of building structures, devices must be used to re-establish the correct hydraulic drainage of the soil to prevent risks.
PLAFOND sub-horizontal drainage pipes, with a wide range of mechanical and hydraulic features, allow engineers to obtain the best performance of the terrain in every specific case.
It is only through careful control and optimization of the presence of water in every type of terrain that it will be possible to ensure the maximum capacity and stability.
PLAFOND pipes are made of high quality impact-resistant PVC.
Modern extrusion technology and the chemical and physical properties of this polymer give the finished product the following characteristics:
• resistance to stray currents in the soil
• excellent resistance to chemical aggression by agents normally present in the soil
• good mechanical resistance to crushing
• high resistance to impact and falls
• Water collection is ensured by the presence along the pipe of narrow slots perpendicular to the axis of the pipe.
• The slots are cut with special equipment that ensures uniformity and the absence of burrs – a very important factor – in order to reduce to a minimum any resistance to water intake.
• The width of the standard slot 0.3 – 0.5 mm – solves the problem of water extraction in most types of soil normally involved in this type of operation. In other words, the standard slot dimensions are the best compromise, in the range of granulometries of sandy silt and alluvial mixtures, to obtain a good extraction capacity without the risk of clogging or, on the other hand, trapping particles inside the pipe. In the presence of higher granulometries, a higher extraction capacity can be obtained by increasing the number of slots, up to a maximum of 3 mm. The standard extension of each slot is 2/9 of the circumference.
o eliminate the risk of clogging by fine sediment carried by the water, or of trapping, the PLAFOND pipe can be covered on the outside with a geotextile sheath stitched with double crossed weft and apply so as to fit tightly and prevent rolling up during installation of the pipe.
The nonwoven fabric used is made of continuous filament polypropylene; with its particular features of permeability, it allows water to penetrate, while trapping any particles that could enter the pipe and reduce its drainage capacity.
Pipes can be slotted on 120° - 180° - 220° or around the entire circumference. They can be covered with Geotextile, a white, nonwoven fabric in high-tenacity polypropylene 150g/mq, produced by mechanical needling of fiber webs, without the use of any chemical glues or binders.
Length of standard bars: 3 m or 6 m (other lengths on request).
The line of threaded M.M. pipes are supplied with the joining sleeve included.